Monday, October 6, 2014

Seriously! & ANSC

Wow, I honestly can not believe that I have let this blog go. I guess you could say we have been busy busy busy little bees here in Austin! I have so much to say but not enough time to do it. I guess it is true what they say about homeschool life, it just gets busier as time moves forward with age. So funny I have a friend who once told me she was busier once her kids hit elementary age than she ever was when they were littles. I now believe her! Ha! It is just a different kind of busy. Do you agree? 


Obviously, I can not catch you up in one post so I will focus on one topic. Our Nature & Science group! This is our 3rd year I believe to participate in the Austin Nature and Science home school program. It has been such a blessing in our schooling. This year the moms decided to take the group outside of just meeting once a month at ANSC! Of course each group changes year to year. It seems this year the group we are with is excited about continuing the studies beyond once a month. It fits our busy schedule so we are joining in on the fun! Little man is very excited. This past Wednesday was out first gathering. We are studying ponds & live things. Plus, it is always fun when one of our friends is already part of the ANSC home school program. I look forward to this year in so many ways! This group is just one of many. Once or twice  a month the group will also focus on art that is applicable to the study and sometimes not! We are a great mix of different temperaments to compliment the dynamic of the group. If I want to head it up one week I can. I love crafts! I see myself creating something fun for our group to do in the near future. 

Little man is in the old school cub scout hat tot he right 



Little man's friend is the one on the left with the yellow bucket!



I pray that your school year whether you home school or have your children in public or private is a great year. I am on my knees for all of us moms! We need it. 

Hebrews 11:6 
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment