Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Movie

Go here for more in this series 31 Days Brave 

I have been camping so I apologize for the late post. It is a quick thought but one worth pursuing. 



Brave the movie. Merida, the princess and all that great hair! love it! 


I thought the movie Brave was really just okay. Not my favorite movie but still had some good moments. My favorite is in this picture. Merida is defying an old age custom of her hand to be betroth in marriage by whomever shoots an arrow at the target. She has decided to make the best shot and she did! In this movie Merida wants to make her own path and this particular scene starts her down that road. 

Don't we all want to write our own story? Define the lines that have been written for us or determined for us? 

We have the opportunity to change it. To make it different. To ask for help. To reach out. To do what is hard even when you don't want to it or feel like it. To let God lead us. It is never too late. 

This post is more for me than anything else. I am challenging myself right now with my own questions in certain areas of my life. It is good. Maybe once God has shown me I will share it with you. 

Brave is just that writing your story....


5 comments:

  1. I JUST saw this movie...(late bloomer, I guess!)...I have a friend that is an absolute inspiration to me. She wanted to model...but was always on the heavier side. Finally she just DID it...she became a plus sized model and is a HUGE success! Rewrite your destiny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is ah-mazing! love that! Thank you for sharing! blessings...

      Delete
  2. We must be brave to live the abundant life and to challenge ourselves out of the rut of others' expectations of us. Sometimes it takes bravery just to get out of bed in the morning and raise our kids. May you be brave today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At 62 I am still writing my story.

    ReplyDelete